Do You Have A Morning Ritual?
Morning Rituals are the secret to productivity, working more effectively and finding inner peace. These are set of actions that you perform in a sequence in order to get ready for the day. How you start your day can make or break you. Starting your day on a positive note can set you up for a good day. For many people, especially working moms, morning is a challenging time. In my situation, working in Corporate America as a Programmer/Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager, YES a lot of titles, 3 school age kids that are VERY PICKY eaters, it was very tough getting up in the morning to prepare for the day. One way l was able to conquer this challenge was by starting a morning ritual to help me face the day with enthusiasm. Having a morning ritual, can help you reduce stress by saving your beautiful mental energy for bigger, brighter things. Do you have a morning ritual, or a morning routine? For 5 years now, I do the same thing every day at the same exact time. Wake up at 5:00, read my bible, say my prayers, drink my warm lemon water with Apple cider Vinegar, Turmeric and Lemon. Then, go for a long walk to clear my mind, or some days go for hot yoga class or go running depending on the weather. Come back home to shower, get kids out of bed and ready for school, feed the breakfast and make my morning juice, then plan out my day by writing my to do list for the day before heading out to the office at 9am. My challenge for you if you donât have a morning ritual is about rising early. But more than rising early, itâs about rediscovering productivity at the start of your day. You donât need to wake up at the crack of dawn like me, I choose to wake up early so l can have a free hour to myself without any disturbance and then help my kids get ready for school. You can take a close look at how you start your day and try to figure out how to get the most from it. Establishing a morning ritual is one good way to do just that. You might enjoy yoga, singing Prince tunes at the top of your lungs, or sipping coffee in your quiet backyard. What you choose to do doesnât matter as much as why you do it and what you get out of doing it repeatedly. The key is toÂ be consistent. I was a fan ofÂ spontaneity and spicing life up.Â But creating a morning ritual made my mornings simple, calm, peaceful and beautiful. Your morning ritual could include:
- waking up to an inspiring song
- soaking up the soft sheets on your skin for a few moments
- doing some gentle yoga or stretches to wake your body
- meditation or mindfulness
- drinking a warm lemon water,Â tea or coffee
- reading a few pages from a favorite book
- writing a grateful journal
- creating a to do list for the day
- Fabulous reason to get out of bed in the morning and attack the day with love. Once you master the act of doing the same thing that gives your peace of mind every day, you will look forward to doing this thing over and over again for a healthy life and body.
- Once this becomes a habit, thereâs no need to stress your beautiful brain thinking about what to do next or how chaotic your day is going to be.Â You simply do what you always do to that works for your lifestyle
- A morning ritual is all about YOU! Yes I have to deal with my kids in morning, but l also get to spend an hour taking care of ME. Self love is not selfish, itâs important for your peace of mind. If you are not fine, everything around you will be affected, but a happy YOU will make the world a better place.Â This is your chance to love yourself and embrace your day with peace.
- Drinking organic apple cider vinegar in water can help to naturally improve your digestion. ACV contains nutritional minerals, trace elements, cholesterol lowering pectin, fat burning acetic acid, anti-viral malic acid, live enzymes, amino acids and many other beneficial nutrients.
- Apple cider vinegar is a popular ingredient in detoxification protocols with good reason
- Strengthen Your Immune System as ACV is rich in as malic acid in which has strong antiviral properties
- Apple cider vinegar balances the skinâs pH levels and can help treat skin conditions like acne, especially when used both internally and externally regularly.
- Turmeric has been known to contain numerous antioxidants as well as antibacterial properties.
- Turmeric provides a great relief to aging skin due to powerful antioxidant properties.
- It helps the body fight foreign invaders, free radicals and also has a role in repairing damaged tissues
- Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer. According to studies, turmeric is a beneficial herb in cancer treatment. It can affect cancer growth and development at the molecular level
- Turmeric can help treat Arthritis due to itâs anti-inflammatory properties